Mopeds are a fun and exciting way to see the island at your own pace!
A "moped" is a compact motorcycle with full size fun! Explore San Juan Island in beautiful Washington State on a Susie’s Moped and you won’t miss a thing.
Visit Lime Kiln Whale Watch Park on the west side of San Juan Island, or American Camp and South Beach. Picnic at one of many alluring stops along the way, and set your own pace. Plan a full day or at least half a day of your trip to San Juan Islands for your moped experience - take a lunch, your camera, your imagination, and step into "island time".
Reservations are highly recommended. Call us at 360.378.5244 or 800.532.0087.
Important! Moped riders must be able to support their weight and the weight of the moped while seated and stopped. We have found that people 5′ 2″ tall and under generally are unable to do so safely, as their feet will not reach the ground. Susie’s Mopeds employees will use their professional judgement to determine whether or not potential riders are able to safely support the weight of a moped while stopped, and deny moped rentals to those deemed unsafe. Please take this into consideration when reserving your equipment with Susie’s Mopeds.
$60 per hour
Double (2 passengers)
$35 per hour
NOTE: Individuals OVER 275 pounds must rent a double moped.
- Operator must have a valid drivers license with them at the time of rental, and only the person who signed the agreement may drive. Switching out drivers is not an option.
- Learners permits are NOT accepted.
- All participants must sign a registration and release form.
- All participants must participate in the moped safety orientation and training before riding.
- Protective eye wear: Washington state law requires eyeglasses, sunglasses or goggles.
- Closed-toed shoes: No flip flops or similar type shoes.
- Be prepared for any type of weather and dress accordingly.
- Moped renters MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- Credit cards: We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover for the required damage/security deposit.
Click here for detailed instructions and suggestions for safety while riding a moped.
Click here for printable map of your moped journey.